The TEEN PREGNANCY PREVENTION Program
Watch our commercial. Click here. (3MB MOV file)
Why is prevention important?
For teenagers, delaying pregnancy means avoiding the high cost they would otherwise pay in terms of the quality of their lives. Making further progress in reducing teen pregnancy will improve the educational, social and health prospects of this generation.
Reducing teen pregnancy will:
- lower drop-out rate
- decrease crime rate
- decrease the number of individuals and families living in poverty
- ensure a healthier, more productive workforce
- reduce abortions
- decrease the number of low-birthweight babies and premature births
- promote responsible family planning
- lower costs to taxpayers
We will equip young people with the knowledge and skills to prevent pregnancies and sexually transmitted infections (STIs) through community engagement, health education, public awareness and advocacy in Mobile County.
We envision a community where young people are educated and empowered to make healthy, responsible decisions.
- open and honest communication between parents/caregivers and young people about sexual health and relationships.
- the implementation of evidence-based programs that are relevant to diverse populations.
- community involvement and commitment to preventing teen pregnancy and STIs.
- young people to be respected and involved as partners in all aspects of preventive activities in their community.
- youth access to confidential reproductive and contraceptive services
Teen Pregnancy Prevention Program
248 Cox Street
Mobile, AL 36604